Dear CDSS members, donors, and supporters,
Thank you for a whirlwind March! World Down Syndrome Day was an incredible day of celebration and we’re glad so many of you joined us in your communities. We hope you followed us on our social media pages – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – and saw all of our posts from the day. If you missed Matthew and Kirk’s presentation at the United Nations and you’re a member of CDSS, you can watch a portion of the presentation by logging in to your account.
We also hope all of you enjoyed our Facebook Live with Dylan Harmon. You can watch it here if you missed out. Thanks to FCB Toronto for organizing it, and of course to Dylan, for being such a great host.
And of course, congratulations to our Canadian Down Syndrome Society Award winners, Eric, Laura and Teresa! You can read about them here. And if you’re an artist with Down syndrome, don’t forget to get your submission in for the Jane Cameron Awards, due April 15.
We also have some great news about Down Syndrome Answers. Down Syndrome Answers and FCB Toronto have been nominated for a few media awards. They are the following:
- Best Use of Data Driven Media at The Webby Awards – “The Webby Awards is the leading international award honouring excellent on the internet. The Webbys is presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS).”
- Shortlisted at AToMiC Awards – “The AToMiC Awards recognize the best media collaborations and breakthrough technology and content in advertising campaigns. Here’s this year’s shortlisted work.“
- Digital – Social Media & Viral Marketing and Craft – Data-Driven Personalization – Single or Campaign at The One Show – “The One Show is one of the most prestigious awards competitions in advertising, design, interactive and branded entertainment.”
Onto our Canadian Down Syndrome Conference news – we hope you’re all excited to join us in Banff! We’ve been hard at work making sure this year’s conference is one of our best. Here are some updates that will help planning your time with us even easier:
- Schedules and session descriptions have been posted. Get the Conference app for Android and iPhones to view them. Not sure how to use the app? Watch this video, narrated by our own Paul Sawka, on how to use it.
- Thanks to our sponsors – Details, Red Arrow, Fairfield Watson, CBN Commercial Solutions, Child Development Dayhomes, Norton Rose Fulbright, Allard Foundation, Reece’s Rainbow, Rose Wolstenholme, and Tech To U.
- Register today to enjoy our Early Bird prices, which end on April 30th.
- If you live in Calgary, we have a great volunteer opportunity for you! Find out how to join us here. We have a $50 honourarium per day for volunteers.
- If you’re travelling from out of town, learn more about how to get to the Banff Centre on our Planning Your Trip page. Thanks to our sponsor Red Arrow for their generosity!
We’re on the final stretch to the conference and with it just weeks away, we’re counting down until we get to see all of you! Until then, thank you for subscribing to 21 Monthly, the CDSS newsletter.
National Executive Director
Canadian Down Syndrome Society