Through advocacy, resources, and projects we strive to make the world a better place for children and adults born with Down syndrome and their caregivers.
By creating awareness about the abilities and potential that lie within each and every person with Down syndrome, our world becomes empowered with knowledge, compassion, and inspiration!
Your gift allows us to continue the important work we do to provide opportunities and experiences for people born with Down syndrome to learn, grow and strive for their individual potential in their home, school and community life. And for that we are grateful!
At CDSS we believe that with each gift comes great responsibility and each day we work to ensure your trust is upheld through authentic relationships, fiscal responsibility and following the AFP Donor Bill of Rights.
An important message to our Donors:
- CDSS will not disclose any confidential information collected from donors to any outside organization or agency.
- CDSS receives no government funding and relies on individuals and corporations to support its operations.
- You may change or stop your donation at any time. Please contact us toll-free at 1-800-883-5608, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly donations are receipted by the end of February each year for the preceding year for the full amount of your annual donation.
- We are committed to annually preparing and managing a balanced budget and can provide audited financial reports upon written request.
Ways to Give
You can donate on our safe and secure website today! Alternatively, you can send a donation to our CDSS Office in Calgary.
Canadian Down Syndrome Society
Suite 223, 1001 1 St SE
Calgary, AB T2G 5G3
For assistance with a donation or tax receipt by telephone please contact us toll-free at 1-800-883-5608.
A tax receipt is issued for any donation of $20 or more.
Our goal is to have giving options and access to information that is inclusive and accessible. If you need help or have any questions during your time on our website please reach out to Pamela at PamelaM@CDSS.ca or 1-800-883-5608 ext. 204
Alberta Donors only:
For purposes of compliance with the laws of Alberta: Donations received by the Canadian Down Syndrome Society, a federally incorporated Registered Charity are used to fund Down syndrome research, resources, and awareness programs. Annual contribution expected to be raised in Alberta is estimated at $150,000, with fundraising costs estimated at $50,000. Further information can be obtained by contacting Pamela Massaro at PamelaM@CDSS.ca or by calling 403-270-8500 ext. 204